Saturday 8 November 2008

The Democrat

It's not very much fun being sick for over a week.

Especially when it's family birthday week.

Especially when you start feeling better only to be struck by something worse.

Especially when you have other things you should be concentrating on.

But it did mean I got to sit at home and watch TV One's US election coverage. Until I realised there was going to be 5 hours of waffle before any real news came through.

But yesterday I got drugs. And today I got to buy myself birthday presents. Yay.

And today I got to vote.

And it reminded me of this (another patented Andy Palmer snappy title) Portrait of the artist as he participates in the democratic process.

Clearly 24 July 2002 was a cold miserable day.

Later that night a couple of mates came around to watch the results come through. One of us voted for ACT. It wasn't me. And I didn't think I had any friends who swung that far right. It's surprising what you learn at election time.

5 comments:

jodi Ruth keet said...

Funny! I remember you doing that sereis!

microphen said...

funny! i remember me doing that series too!

jodi Ruth keet said...

do you!? I'm surprised! How clever of you! I actually voted this year, first time, aren't I clever. I threw it away though, the party I voted for didn't even get in. hmmm oh well

microphen said...

just cos you now live in tauranga doesn't actually mean you had to vote winston!!

Anonymous said...

Shower shot is nice - I like the tones