Tuesday 29 January 2008

The Waster

Today has been a day of procrastination. Doing things other than that which I should have been doing, and which are certainly more urgent.

So instead I have made changes to my website, spent time reading other folks blogs, playing games, scanning and making pdfs and such like (admittedly one of the pdfs did relate to what I'm supposed to be doing).

In keeping with my procrastination here are two images from the last time I was on Kapiti. I was taken for a bit of a tiki tour up along the northern ridges to places I hadn't been before. It was fun. It was different to other parts of the island.

And they have a caravan.

I believe it was delivered by helicopter many years ago, and isn't really used much now. It looked useable, but needed a bit of a tidy up. The good thing about there being no mammals other than humans on the island is that structures like this seem to be cleaner than elsewhere.

And I sepiaed it. Cos I could.

I'd like to get over there again soon, maybe once the kids are all back at school. We'll see. Anyone wanna join me?

In my random blog reading I discovered this blog - a link lead to a link lead to a link lead to a link lead to a link lead to a link lead to a link lead to this. Some of you will know my feelings about this man, so we needn't discuss those here, but one thing I found interesting was the number of times he decries the profusion of 'decorative' photography in galleries and at book fairs. To me, that is exactly what his photography is, regardless of what he would have us believe.

Mind you there are days when I feel the exact same way about my own photography - until I remember that no one buys it, so it can't be that decorative after all.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey, I'd like to go to Kapiti. Can Bree come too??

microphen said...

well we'll see what we can organise.

you're joking the dog tho eh? you know nature reserve and all that.

prob the only way bree would get on is if she's a doc sanctioned kiwi dog.

them doc people are bloody fussy.

Anonymous said...

love this shot - reminds of why I do the work I do....

microphen said...

and what work is that lady?

last i heard you were unemployed!!

haha

Anonymous said...

Yep. Joking about Bree of course. Although, she's probably been through the kiwi stuff, being a ex-doc dog and all. She could find a few blue ducks for ya! hehe

microphen said...

yay. i like blue ducks.

and hihi.

and saddlebacks.

i can take or leave kaka and weka though - esp weka.