Tuesday 3 July 2007

The Pipe

Yeah so last week I borrowed a big panorama camera and did a wee road trip to take some reccie shots for a project I am working on. When I got to the location I noticed the nearby soccer field looked stunning in the grey sunlight. So I pulled out my bike, sorted the camera and tripod, and rode down the road to the field.

Naturally it started raining on the way down. And the sun had completely gone by the time I worked out where to shoot. Stand around for 10 minutes getting wetter and colder trying to decide what to do.

I decided to take the shoot anyway. Here it is. And the one I took next.
I was actually after something more like this (below). I'd been to this place the week before and discovered I couldn't get the car close enough to where I thought I needed to be. So last week I took my bike cos it's much easier and quicker to get me and a bunch of camera gear to where I thought I needed to be.

Of course as I was cycling along the track I started thinking that it wasn't going to work it being a ridge track and all, and me really needing something flatter.

Regardless I'd come all this way so I had to take a photo.
Then I went back into town and took another one in what I thought was a more suitable space. Until I got there and realised it wasn't going to work either.
So I've decided I need to road trip farther afield. Current thinking is Pureora Forest. Cool. Anyone wanna come along for the ride?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

How come whenever you take a forest photo that doesn't work, it turns out to be something I'd quite happily claim as my own? (That's rhetorical, so you can leave out the obvious answer)

I think I've got a few as yet unbooked weekends coming up, and I do know where Pureora is...