Tuesday 11 July 2006

The Difference

Wow that is different eh?! (I'm suggesting that it's not the type of image that I normally post. I am in no way implying that there is anything unique or groundbreaking about the image. In fact it is rather cliched and amateur photographer-esque. Just in case you needed some clarification.)

That's frangipani. Shot in some north- or eastern-African country. It's my favourite flower in the world (and yes I have seen all the flowers in the world, so I am well qualified to make such a statement). I really like the simplicity of it, the interplay of white and yellow, the pleasing shape and cool overlay of the petals. And it smells lovely too. Oh how I miss it. Why can't Wellington be warm enough to grow frangipani? Roll on global warming.

On a different matter I feel I need to introduce you all to the following blog - Xpan Battle. You can post your own Xpan shots and/or vote on other people shots. There is a permanent link on the left there, under 'photo blogs'.

No comments: