Sunday 11 November 2007

The Wall

Like many other folk, including no doubt some regular readers of this blog, over the last few weeks I have been listening off and on to The Phoenix Foundation's latest album.

The second to last song, penned by Luke, contains the beautiful lines:

And by
By the time
I got to Johnsonville
I made up my mind
Parked by my favourite wall
In the light

And it got me thinking. What sort of freak has a favourite wall?

Then it struck me. People do. And some of those people even photograph the damned things.

This isn't my favourite wall, but if I was to have a top five (maybe top ten) list, this would be in it.

I made this in September after driving past it dozens of times thinking I really should stop and photograph it. I knew I would one day. Though some days one day is too late.

I was back here a couple of days ago, and discovered that very shortly it will no longer be there.

No comments: