Saturday 14 May 2011

The Trial

A few weeks ago I bought some film. From B&H. Cos supplies here are inconsistent and prices are getting ridiculous.

I bought quite a lot of film - Portra 160VC, 120 and 4x5. And cos I could I also bought some film I'd never seen on these shores - Ektar 100.

Then, cos I could, and I felt like I needed to take some more photos, and that I needed a good walk, I went back to this place - only more prepared, mentally, physically, and equipment wise.

I took some photos. And compared films.

I couldn't tell much difference.

But then I couldn't be arsed doing consistent scanning etc to match colour and grain and all those things that one looks at when comparing films.

I did, however, notice that Ektar is half a stop slower than Portra, which is quite a bit when you're dealing with 1/2sec at F2.8.

So the top is Porta.

The bottom being Ektar.

I like some of these shots.

I also like the walk.

Though I was still utterly knackered by the end.

And it still took as long as the first time.

Even though I was more prepared, mentally, physically, and equipment wise.

1 comment:

the internet is working!!! said...

I like Porta best in the first pair, but Ekta best in the others. Just to be unhelpful.