Saturday 1 January 2011

The First

Two recently discovered quotes which say things for me.
My aim is to make photographs that are at the same time lyrical and intellectual, intensely personal yet rich in information, neither reticent nor effusive.
Frank Gohlke, Thoughts on Landscape (2009)

Exactly what I would have said, if asked ... and if I had actually thought of those words in that particular order.
Even if they didn't get respect ... still they knew in their hearts they deserved it.
That's what I dream of. Not even getting respect. Just to be worthy of it.
Dylan Horrocks, Hicksville (2010 reissue)

Simplistic, sure, out of context, certainly, and really I think I would prefer the respect rather than knowing I was worthy of it. But the sentiment is quite nice all the same.

No comments: