Tuesday 15 June 2010

The Holey

A couple of weeks ago a friend left me a package at the backdoor.

It was an exciting package, full of various bits of photographic gear.

But the most exciting thing was the return one of my 4x5 filmholders and the box it was attached to.

It's a nicely crafted pinhole camera.

After a couple of little additions - attaching a chunk of inner tube to hold the film holder in place and replacing the lens cover/shutter release - it was ready for a photo.

Being too lazy to work out the aperture I guessed an exposure time of 90min at 100 ISO would suffice.

It could have used 3hrs. Never mind.

And again I managed to beat the system. This time the lab took pity on my cold, wet arrival this morning and didn't bother charging me.

Thanks Imagelab.

And thanks Paul.

No comments: