Saturday 13 February 2010

The Wet

This, apparently, is what happens when you drop a less than watertight camera in the river you are shooting in.
The black mark in the sky indicates where emulsion is entirely removed.

The purple indicates, at a guess, where one or two emulsion layers are removed. The negative thing does my head in, and my lack of colour theory means I'm not sure what layer(s) have gone, but, as you'd probably imagine if you know anything about colour theory, the negative appears green in these purple areas.

That photo up top was the second frame shot on the film, and the one I had just taken when I dropped the camera. Interestingly the first frame was completely unaffected. And, even though I made no attempt to dry off the camera (it was fresh water after all) it was only these three frames that showed any evidence.

I keep meaning to try this deliberately - exposing a roll, partially immersing it in water, then getting it processed - but I can't bring myself to waste the film.

No comments: