Friday 28 August 2009

The Unconvincing

Despite taking over 1000 shots last month, I didn't actually feel like I'd shot anything.

That's the difference between controlled studio, digital work and seat of your pants location film stuff.

So on Monday, having the afternoon off (it's called procrastination, just like I'm doing now), I went on a wee trip.

And got undone by my Diana. Focus? Shutter speed? Aperture? What the fuck is all that about?

Still I got a couple of nice, pointless pics.

And I fixed my Diana, so it's almost as good as new.

All I need now is a match to kill the damned pinhole aperture it keeps setting itself to and I'll be sweet.

1 comment:

jodi Ruth keet said...

what exactly is a 'almost good as new' Diana like anyway? It's light leaks perfectly? The back cover only falls off when you want it to? The photos sometimes look like they were meant to rather than you wondering if they mixed your films up at the lab with that of a drunken chimpanzee test film?