Wednesday 23 August 2006

The Missing

Okay, so I've been back from the big smoke for over a week now. As sick as I was of (working in) Auckland, I felt strange emotions coming down Ngaurunga Gorge at 11pm on a Sunday night after having driven from Ohakune in complete isolation (very Quiet Earth).

Anyway, here are two shots I took the day I left Wellington. I had an early start, intending to hang out in the central North Island a bit, but as I headed north the weather got greyer and heavier. Then bursting onto the plateau the sky opened and I was happy.


What's missing here is the other side of the road. The side most people look at - and photograph. Needless to say I did a bit of that myself.

1 comment:

a camera in the world said...

your traffic from Iceland should fall off now, and the traffic from Hong Kong will pick up again